Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

 
 
 
 I've been nominated for a Liebster award from Ferdis over at DivGro and I'd like to thank him for thinking of me for the award! The Liebster award is a really neat way to get followers to connect with other blogs with similar content. It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people (in this case 5).  You just answer the questions posed by the nominator and then you nominate other blogs and ask them to answer 5 other questions of your own. So here goes ....

 
Here are the 5 questions DivGro asked of me:
 
1 - What is your favorite vacation destination?
 
I don't travel much at all but I have been to a few places like Colorado and Florida most recently but I think I'd love to go to Hawaii. That would be a beautiful place to visit, just not when a hurricane hits !

 2 - What is your favorite movie and why ?

This is a toughie for me, there's so many great movies to choose from. It's hard to compare great films from different genres too. I mean comparing a movie like "Schindler's List" against a comedy like "Snatch" or "Airplane" isn't easy. However if I'm forced to make a choice I'd go with "Lord Of The Rings - Fellowship Of The Ring" as my favorite. I love the movie and I've watched it countless times even if it's just for background noise while I'm on the computer.

3 - If I could go back in time what is the one thing you would tell the 21-year old version of yourself?

Aside from something like the winning lottery numbers I'd probably tell myself to go to college and earn a degree. That was my biggest mistake and one of the reasons why I'm not in a job I enjoy. 

4 - What is your favorite quote?
 
Normally I would say Carl Sagan's famous "Pale Blue Dot" speech but that might be a bit long to be considered a quote so I'll use another one of his ....

“Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.”
― Carl Sagan
 
5 - What is the number one resource you use for your investment blog ?

I use several, many of which I have linked on my blog but without a doubt the one I use most is Yahoo Finance.
 
 
My Nominees are:

I honestly don't know if any of them have been nominated by other bloggers yet or not but I enjoy following these blogs and you may too. Also if your a nominee please don't feel obligated to continue this chain but if you'd like to just answer the 5 questions below ...

My 5 questions to the above bloggers are as follows.

1 - Why did you start your blog ?
2 - What is your favorite tv series ?
3 - What was your favorite car you've ever owned ?
4 - What is your worst stock market or financial mishap ?
5 - What if anything do you do for exercise ?

Thanks again DivGro for the nomination!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nomination. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading answers people give on these. All Solid movie picks. Problem is so many good ones to choose from!

    ReplyDelete