Saturday, May 3, 2014

Recent Buy - Chevron (CVX)

I recently picked up another 10 shares of the energy giant Chevron after their recent dividend increase announcement. In an effort to balance my monthly dividend totals I had been trying to choose a stock to purchase for the end of the quarter. I already had my eye on Chevron before the 7% dividend raise was announced but that was enough to seal the deal for me. I believe this makes the 27th year in a row Chevron has increased it's dividend.

Chevron is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. From exploration to production and transportation of crude oil and natural gas as well as refining , marketing and distribution of transportation fuels and lubricants. Chevron generates power, produces geothermal energy, provides renewable energy, manufactures and sells petrochemical products and energy efficiency solutions.


CVX Basic Statistics

  • Ticker Symbol: CVX
  • PE Ratio: 11.25
  • Yield: 3.2%
  • Dividend Growth 10yr:  9.6%
  • Payout Ratio: 35%
  • Market cap: $238 B
  • Website: http://www.chevron.com

4 comments:

  1. CVX is a great long term dividend play for a major oil company. You might also look at XOM for domestic and TOT & BP for abroad energy plays. All, offer nice yields, low PE's and room for dividend increases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion Chevron is the sweetspot for quality and yield, among the supermajors. I bought it in 2009 and have been very pleased with my investment ever since. May the dividend raises continue for years to come!
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen quite a few dividend investors loading up on CVX lately. It's a great stock, I'd just like to see it a little cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What other energy stocks have you looked at besides CVX? I've been eyeballing CVX but haven't had a chance to compare it much to others in the industry. Would like to see stacked up against COP and XOM.

    ReplyDelete