Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March Dividend Update


March was a pretty light month for me in terms of dividend income. This is partially due to the fact that some of my old March dividend payers have moved the dividend to April, Walmart is one for instance.  I like to keep all of my months fairly even in terms of dividend income so I will be focusing future purchases to fix this issue.

My March dividends totaled $173.79 which is still higher than last quarter where I earned $162.21 in December and nearly double what I made last year where I earned $98.26 in March. You can see all of my dividend income here.

Dividend Increases

Avista (AVA) - From .305 to .318

March Purchases

Pepsi (PEP) - 14 shares at $81.46


COMPANYDESCRIPTIONSYMBOLAMOUNT
Universal HealthORDINARY DIVIDENDUHT31.25
McDonaldQUALIFIED DIVIDENDMCD18.63
AvistaQUALIFIED DIVIDEND AVA18.42
Realty IncomeORDINARY DIVIDEND O18.22
Johnson & JohnsonQUALIFIED DIVIDEND JNJ11.22
LorillardQUALIFIED DIVIDEND LO17.22
ChevronQUALIFIED DIVIDEND CVX19.00
IntelQUALIFIED DIVIDEND INTC39.83


9 comments:

  1. Great stuff!! I notice you made a mistake with Kinder Morgan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops, sure did. You don't miss a thing. :-o

      Fixed

      Delete
  2. Pretty awesome, over $565 for the first quarter! Certainly a heck of a start to 2014 and a wonderful sign for the year to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly like the steady upwards progression of the dividend income stream..

      One starts small, with a few dollars/month, then it is $100, then $200, $500, then in a few years you start playing in the four digits ;-)

      Delete
  3. Great job Captain! Almost double year over year is awesome. Looks like Q1 was a great start to the year for you. I'm sure you'll crush these levels come Q4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty healthy increase from last year, I know I for one would be ecstatic to double my income in a year! Well done and keep that upward trend going!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain,

    Great first quarter, and a heck of a March. Congrats on the big YOY growth, and may it continue for you! :)

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress captaindividend. I'm also into this fight and almost managed to get half of my current expenses from dividends.I still keep Intel in my portfolio as the dividend freeze is for me just what Intel needs to be able to enter mobile market strongly. Anyway, the datacenter segment is providing big for Intel and is a segment in constant growth. I keep my personal progress updated at www.dividendogma.com

    Keep the good info!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I am late to the party since you will be making your April progress soon, but I must congratulate you on a huge progress you have made since the start with your income. Great job on your income and wealth building. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete