Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Recent Buy - Pepsico (PEP)

Earlier this week I purchased shares of the soft drink giant Pepsico (PEP). I purchased another 14 shares at $85.71 a share which give me a grand total of 43 shares. I have made two previous Pepsi purchases this year at $81 and $83 respectively. As of this writing the stock is sitting at around $87 so I got in on a tiny dip. Recently PEP announced a generous 15.4% dividend increase which is a big factor in my latest purchase here.

PepsiCo, Inc. (PepsiCo), incorporated on November 13, 1986, is a global food and beverage company. Through the Company's bottlers, contract manufacturers and other partners, the Company makes, markets, sells and distributes a range of foods and beverages in more than 200 countries and territories.


PEP Basic Statistics

  • Ticker Symbol:PEP
  • PE Ratio: 19
  • Yield: 3.1%
  • Dividend Growth 10yr:  13%
  • Payout Ratio: 51%
  • Market cap: $126 B
  • Website: http://www.pepsico.com

5 comments:

  1. I really like PEP's future and that 15% increase sure was nice. Although I'm still puzzled why they announced it earlier this year for this next payment but had a payment at the old rate in between. I guess they wanted to get some positive news about them. Anyways, I like the buy and I hope to get a chance to add some more myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Captain Dividend.
    The dividend growth rate of Pepsico as of recently is remarkable. I currently have it on my watch list, and consider buying it on a dip in the coming months.

    Best,

    DW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capt. Dividend - Pepsi dividend has grown nicely throughout the years. Long term, I like the buy as their dividends appears to be very stable. In fact, both PEP and KO is on my watch list and I hope to own some shares in both companies eventually. I'm just waiting for an attractive entry point. :)

    Wishing you continued success in your journey! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of those stocks U just buy more of! I get it! P/E lil higher than I like but their recent div% increases make up for it. Good buy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capt. Dividend,
    Great buy here with Pepsi. I really like the fact that their Dividend Yield is over 3%. Like Asset mentioned the P/E is a little high but you can't ever go wrong with investing in a great company like Pepsi. You can go to sleep at night knowing that you invested in a quality stock. Thanks for posting.
    Dividend Mongrel
    http://dividendmongrel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete