Monday, January 1, 2018

December 2017 Dividend Update



Happy New Year! It's time for my December dividend update! For the month I was able to earn $441.06 in dividend income! What an awesome month, I was able to crush the $400 mark again and I'm looking forward to next month of monthly income!

I made one purchase for the month and had no sales.

December Stock Purchases
  • PowerShares National AMT-Free MuniBd ETF (PZA) - 100 shares @ $25.58 = $2558
December Dividend Income 
  • Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) - $3.47
  • Southern Co  (SO) - $46.98
  • Exxon (XOM) - $52.36
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) -  $51.24
  • Unilever (UL) - $23.62
  • Coca Cola (KO) - $22.57
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - $39.60
  • McDonalds (MCD) - $35.35
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.98
  • Kraft/Heinz (KHC) - $26.88
  • Flowers Foods (FLO) - $79.05
  • Travelers (TRV) - $8.64
  • Universal Health Trust (UHT) - $33.25
  • Realty Income (O) - $8.07

Total Dividends December 2017: - $441.06
  
In the chart below you can see my dividend growth. Lets keep that moving average going up!


16 comments:

  1. Congrats Capt. 400 bucks is always nice. Happy new yrs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the great month Captain! I love seeing the trend of your dividend income in that chart. It is moving in the right direction. Cheers to a great 2017 and an even better 2018!

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Captain! Over $400 is a great haul. Looks like September was significantly higher though. Was that just the timing of payments that caused the discrepancy? All the best in 2018. Can't believe I'm writing that already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you asked and it looks like that was an error on my part. I accidentally added the Flowers food dividend twice. Still my best month ever. It sure smooths out my chart too. I can't believe I didn't catch that sooner.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on receiving the dividend income. The chart shows dividend growth investing at work. Keep it up !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dividends worked a lot harder for the money than I did that's for sure. Have a happy new year!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on a great month Captain Dividend! We share SO, MCD, and UHT. All great dividend paying companies. Love the way the snowball keeps growing. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Captain. Nice dividends and solid collection of stocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain! You're killing it, man! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful chart you have going on there, Captain! Congrats on a great month. I've been eyeing SO for myself. I need some utilities, but with rates going back up not sure if/when I'll make my move. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The figures and chart are all pointing and moving in the right direction. Congrats on a solid $400+ month. Keep buying, holding, reinvesting and get that snowball moving in 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic stuff and well done to you! $400 is amazing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another successful month and getting that $400 mark again. That's a great and strong way to end 2017. Looking forward to following your progress in 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  12. $400 in a single month is nothing to sneeze at for sure. That would pay for about 20% of many people's monthly expenses. Can't complain about that. Onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete