Tuesday, February 20, 2018

January 2018 Dividend Income



Sorry for the delay.  It's past time for my January dividend update! For the month I was able to earn $416.77 in dividend income! This is a healthy increase from the $336.41 a 24% increase in fact. That would be great to keep that growth up. What a crazy month in the markets we have so far in February as well. I see Walmart has taken a beating today down over 10%, I think the market was looking for a reason to dump WMT as it has been pretty over bought since this summers pump. If it keeps falling back to the $80's I may have to scoop up some shares.

I made two purchases in January and had no sales.

January Stock Purchases
  • Buckeye Partners (BPL) - 31 Shares @ $51.30 - $1590
  • PPL Corporation (PPL) - 50 Shares @ $31.74 - $1587
January Dividend Income 
  • Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) - $3.61
  • Walmart  (WMT) - $44.37
  • New Jersey Resources (NJR) - $97.01
  • Pepsi (PEP) -  $34.62
  • Philip Morris (PM) - $14.98
  • Glaxso Smith Kline (GSK) - $39.59
  • Altria (MO) - $76.01
  • Cisco (CSCO) - $40.89
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $17.01
  • Sysco (SYY) - $23.76
  • Annaly Capital (NLY) - $16.80
  • Realty Income (O) - $8.12

Total Dividends December 2017: - $416.77
  
In the chart below you can see my dividend growth. Lets keep that moving average going up!



21 comments:

  1. Congrats Captain! Nice dividend increases and diversified set of companies paying you dividends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Captain. Love that 24% YoY growth, and the long-term trend on your chart. Congrats on another solid report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really love hitting big yoy numbers, it looks like I should surpass that growth for this month as well. Thanks for the visit!

      Delete
  3. Superb yoy increase Captain! Nice purchases and great looking chart!

    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ADD, I must admit that looking at that chart gives me hope and really shows my progress far better than just looking at numbers on a list. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  4. Nice capt. Great year over year increase and enjoy all those dividend raises you got this last month! Nice list of companies there.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, Pepsi, Clorox and more had double digit dividend raises. Absolutely love that!

      Delete
  5. Good job Captain. You have some nice positions build in some good companies. Your dividends income is trending nicely! I am not familiar with your recent purchases so I will have to do some research. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, smaller stocks for sure. Went for a high yielder in BPL. PPL I've had for some time but the utility has been under selling pressure so I thought I'd add to my position here.

      Delete
  6. That's a healthy year over year increase. Keep up the good work. Like the PPL pick up. Still on my radar but it's looking a lot more attractive these days when compared to recent past prices. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it had sold off after earnings. I have a great talent for picking stocks that immediately drop after I purchase them it seems. Luckily I'm a long term investor.

      Delete
  7. That's a great YoY growth Captain, so Congrats. I don't know if I've said this before, but I like the way you present your dividend growth with the quarterly moving average. It's nice to see the chart making higher highs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UP UP and AWAY!!! The chart says it all. Great work Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you back Capt Div. Though you fell off the map for awhile, but your site is one of the reason I got into Div Investing in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome to hear! Glad to have you on board as a blogger as well. I have added you to my blogroll so I can keep track of your activity. Thanks

      Delete
  10. Really good work! Nice touch with the moving average.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work!

    I love seeing the progress you're making through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Cap. I had sold my WMT at it's high. I to would go back in once the yield meets my screen/price drop.
    Later,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, I'm going to continue holding probably forever. Hope to have you back someday soon. :-o

      Delete
  13. Our folks disclose to us that the most ideal approach to make a progress in life is to go to class accomplish decent evaluations and locate a pleasant secure activity. IRS amended return phone number

    ReplyDelete