Monday, November 21, 2016

Recent Buy - Verizon (VZ)

Woa, It's been since August since I've posted a purchase update. Sometimes life just gets in the way but I'm back at it putting my money to work for me. This time around I had a couple of stocks on my mind, those being Unilever (UL) and Verizon (VZ). Both currently on sale and both solid companies that I want in my portfolio!

Ultimately I chose Verizon for this months purchase and I wouldn't be surprised if next months purchase is Unilever. I do own some Unilever already but wouldn't mind adding to it.

Last week I purchased 23 shares of the Verizon (VZ) @ $47.83 for a total of $1108.09

Verizon Communications Inc. (Verizon), incorporated on October 7, 1983, is a holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides communications, information and entertainment products and services to consumers, businesses and governmental agencies. The Company offers voice, data and video services and solutions on its wireless and wireline networks.


VZ Stock Chart

VZ Basic Stats
  • Ticker Symbol: VZ
  • Sector: Technology
  • Yield: 4.9%
  • Dividend Growth Streak: 9 years
  • Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 3.2%
  • Payout Ratio: 66%
  • P/E Ratio: 12 (forward)
  • Market cap: $196 Billion
  • Website: http://www.verizon.com
VZ Financial Growth

10 comments:

  1. Interesting buy as it seems most are going the way of consumer staples these days. UL is the stock of the hour as it has come down quite a bit in recent weeks. VFC, KMB and others in the space continue to look good too. Nice VZ pick up. Keep adding to those dividend totals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I've been seeing a lot of people buying UL and I may have to join them on the bandwagon if the price can stay down for me while I save for my next purchase.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update on your recent stock purchase. I also own some VZ for the long haul. It has been a good one. And although growth potential is limited, the current yield is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love a near 5% yield that is safe. The growth is low however, I think it's important to have some higher growth names to compliment slow growth stocks like T or VZ.

      Delete
  3. Congrats. I have heard some good news here and there about Verizon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great buy. I've been adding AT&T shares. VZ sort of fell off my radar. Thanks for bringing it back into my spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back making buys. I know some unexpected expenses slowed you down for a bit. Keep on building.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like UL as well as VZ. Why'd you go with VZ over the similar T?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already at a full position in AT&T so I thought I'd go with VZ instead. If I had to pick one to hold forever it would be T though.

      Delete