Friday, December 9, 2016

November 2016 Dividend Income Update

It's time for my November dividend update! This month I just squeaked missed the 300 dollar mark with $290.59 of dividend income. This is about the same as last quarter because I have not made any purchases with pay dividends in this month since then. There's not too many stocks that really look that attractive with the markets going crazy. Still there are some names out there that are falling in the face of rising stock market like Unilever (UL) and Realty Income (O) which I have been watching with interest.

I'm curious what stocks my readers have an eye on. Will you continue making regular purchases, have you decided to save your cash for now? 

November Dividend Increases
  • Tompkins Financial (TMP) - From .44 to .45 (+2.2%)
November Dividend Income
  • AT&T (T) - $108.00
  • WGL Holdings (WGL) - $32.18
  • General Mills (GIS) - $37.44
  • Clorox (CLX) - $15.20
  • People's United Financial (PBCT) - $37.91
  • Tompkins Financial (TMP) - $20.25
  • Abbott Labs (ABT) - $7.02
  • Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $22.76
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.83
Total Dividends November 2016: - $290.59

17 comments:

  1. Captain dividend -

    Nice work there, solid income and almost crossed the $300 barrier. Keep it up and happy December!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to putting that $300 mark in the rear view mirror and moving on to $400! Looks like you had a great month, keep it up brother!

      Delete
  2. Great job Captain Dividend!

    To answer your question, I think a lot of people that decided to get out of the market and hold cash are misguided, and that timing the market (in that way) isn't smart anyway. We could see gains for the next several years that they all will miss out on. There's a lot of positive signs occurring that could take stocks even higher. I think you should look for adding consistently to mutual funds for the LARGE majority of your portfolio. Perhaps that is too much advice for a comment, :), but I'm always willing to discuss more. Take care,

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all, I need all the advice I can get! Mutual funds is an area I should look in to, admittedly I know very little about them. Any in particular that you find attractive? Thx for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Nice work Captain. I agree with you on the crazy market. I like OHI, O, and UL right now. I bought another 100 shares of OHI last month. Right now I'm selling covered calls on O. I'm waiting for UL to drop a few bucks, then I'm all over it. Enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I have had my eyes on UL and O as well. I think O could fall for quite a while yet after the fed stated there could be three more rate increases in 2017. I may still add some here though and add on the way down if that is the case.

      Delete
  4. You will have 300 in the rear view mirror in no time at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice. I think it'll be close next quarter since I added VZ.

      Delete
  5. Like you I'm also still watching UL and other U.K. stocks like DEO and MDT. Nice job with your November passive income. Looks like that T is your big dog. Might want to consider getting those November divvys more evenly spread. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith, good advice. I have stopped my T purchases for the foreseeable future.

      Delete
  6. Love the graph. Pictures really do tell the story. The upward trend is the kind of thing that gets me fired up about investing. Keep up the good work.
    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I can keep that growth going. Thanks for the visit Brian!

      Delete
  7. What software do you use to get this graph?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No software, it's just 'Google Sheets' which is free.

      Delete
  8. Great job with nearly $300 in dividends for November.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... Great job...

    I got my first dividends this month.... $51.08... Yay... I'm going to shoot for $1,000 next year.

    Cheers
    Rohan

    ReplyDelete
  10. great passive income for November! congrats! yes, I plan to buy stocks as usual, just trying to find ones which trading low. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete