Sunday, November 6, 2016

October 2016 Dividend Income Update

It's time for my October dividend update! This month I just squeaked past that 300 dollar mark with $300.50 of dividend income.  This is a bit down from last quarter because one of the companies I owned was purchased and my income is lower as a result due to that transaction. I also have not made any stock purchases for the month.

While I did not make any stock purchases I did invest a little in Fundrise and their income eReit. So far not much has happened. Well see how it goes over there. I do have my eyes set on a few stocks that have come down from recent highs. With my car troubles behind me (for now) hopefully I can get back to investing.

October Dividend Increases
  • New Jersey Resources - From .24 to .255 (+6.25%) Great increase for a utility
  • Kraft/Heinz - From .575 to .6 (+4.34%)
  • Altria - From .565 to .61 (+7.9%) Best dividend payer ever ?
  • Philip Morris - From 1.02 to 1.04 (+1.9%)
October Dividend Income
  • Coke (KO) - $21.35
  • New Jersey Resources (NJR) - $90.53
  • Kraft/Heinz (KHC) - $25.80
  • Altria (MO) - $57.95
  • Phillip Morris (PM) - $14.56
  • Glaxo Smith Kline (GSK) - $35.92
  • Cisco (CSCO) - $9.62
  • Sysco (SYY) - $20.46
  • Annaly Capital (NLY) - $14.79
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.52
Total Dividends October 2016: - $300.50

24 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff! Crossing into the $300 level is great. I've never heard of Fundrise so I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The markets have brutalized my account so any dividends are most welcome at this point. Thnx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the dividend milestone! That's great to see the growth continue month-after-month. Thanks for sharing your investing experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support and the visit Jay. Hope the same for you.

      Delete
  3. Nice work $300 in dividends is awesome. Don't know much about fundrise. Have seen a lot of their ads, but didn't fully trust their marketing. A little too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I have those feeling as well but I wanted to try it, and only put in the minimum investment till I see more. Thx for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Keep up the good work. $300 is a great figure to earn passively. The New Jersey Resources dividend increase was quite healthy for a utility. I agree with you on that. Look forward to seeing some great buys in the coming two months to finish up the year now that you car troubles are in the past. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great raise for a utility, you rarely see anything over a few percent. I am a sucker for utilities, I just find them relatively safe in the long haul. Rising interest rates fears have hit them a bit recently though.

      Delete
  5. Great month. Cracking the $300 barrier takes time and patience. Kudos

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian, I can't wait till I bring in over $400 every month! :-o

      Delete
  6. Great work Cap, $300 of free passive income is awesome. I really like the companies you are holding! Looks very solid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, I hope to be up there earning like you one of these days!

      Delete
  7. Great work CD..essentially a $10 bill every day! I own NLY as well. Rock on,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I sort of inherited NLY when they bought HTS. I can't say I'm too proud to own either but I'll take that 10% yield for now. LOL

      Delete
  8. Nice numbers for this month,so you joined fundrise.i made an additional investment in fundrise property,lets see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I'm interested to see how things go over there. I just dipped my toes in the water over there to get a taste. Nothing too serious.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations man! Keep the snowball rolling

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very solid month. $300 covers a lot of expenses. I missed Altria's dividend increase. That company just keeps on paying. Bummer about PM though. It's dividend increases are getting boring. With it's payout ratio near 100%, do you have any future concerns about dividend coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but the dividend increase will be smaller at this point. They won't raise it any more then their earnings growth I'd expect. That being said I'd much prefer to invest in Altria instead.

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the $300 in Dividend Income last month!

    That is literally your money making you money.

    Keep up the great work Captain Dividend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. For October you had a great month. Happy Thanksgiving next week Cap.
    Later,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete