Sunday, January 3, 2016

December Dividend Update

Time for my December dividend update, what a year it's been! My dividend total for the month of December was $285.71 which is a 34% improvement over last year but a 5.6% decrease from last quarter. The decrease in dividends this month was due to Walmart and Pepsi moving payments to January rather than December. To soften the blow a bit Coca-Cola payed this month instead of in January. I really hate how they move the dividends around like that but it's really not a big deal.

For the year I earned a total of $3327.59 in dividends which is a 32% increase over my 2014 total of $2505.48. In comparison my 2014 total was a 43% increase over my 2013 total. It's important to note that even though my growth is lower on a percentage basis the sum of the difference is greater and I expect that trend to continue going forward. My dividend income is listed below.

December Purchases
  • Walmart (WMT) - 17 Shares @ $59.84
December Dividend Increases
  • Unilever (UL) - From .328 to .344 (+4.8 %)
  • McDonalds (MCD) - From .85 to .89 (+4.7%)
  • Universal Health Trust (UHT) - From .64 to .645 (+0.7%)
December Dividend Income
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $36.75
  • Unilever - (UL) - $18.96
  • Chevron (CVX) - $57.78
  • Exxon (XOM) - $31.39
  • Realty Income (O) - $19.05
  • Avista (AVA) - $19.14
  • McDonald's (MCD) - $31.15
  • Coca-Cola (KO) - $20.13
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - $11.88
  • Universal Realty Trust (UHT) - $32.25
  • Travelers (TRV) - $7.32
Total Dividends December 2015: - $285.71


14 comments:

  1. Hi CD,

    Congrats on your YOY increase there. 34% is damn good. Keep it flowing. Looking forward to your progres through 2016.

    Best regards,
    DB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DB, ya I'm pretty happy with the 34% number. It means I was able to stick to my monthly contributions and those dividend increases kick in and help give us all an extra boost too.

      Delete
  2. That's an awesome looking chart and nice yoy increase. Im also eyeing WMT and think it's at a good value. Keep up the good work and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to add even more WMT recently but I chose another company for my most recent purchase today which I'll be posting about soon. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. wow great year and great month! congrats! can't wait to see what 2016 will look like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow is right! 2015 went by so fast too. Here's to 2016. Best wishes

      Delete
  4. Up, up and away! Great job this year Captain and as always... gotta love the chart!

    Looking forward to following your journey in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, I have to admit, looking at that chart is inspirational. It really illustrates that my dividends are working harder and harder for me each quarter. Best of luck in 2016

      Delete
  5. This is some awesome growth. Regardless, how's the market is doing, your monthly cashflow YOY is >30%! If you keep the growth up, you'd double your monthly cashflow every 2 years! in 4 years your monthly gross >12K. That's $1k/mon. Cha ching! No more workin' on the job that you dislike, you can ditching that fultime job and pull back the hours.

    It's always amaze me the freedom that dividend or passive income as a whole can liberate you financially!! It takes a huge load of your shoulders in such a small amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ya it would be great if I could ditch the day job already that's for sure. All in due time, I just started my snowball rolling not long ago, one day it'll get me to that point though. It won't be long till I'm earning those big $600+ months like you had last month. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Love the YOY growth. Great job! Hope the markets stay down at the start of 2016 so we can pick up some stocks at a discount for our IRAs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the stock market forces have heard your call so far. I was able to pick up some shares already, sadly the company I purchased didn't have the selloff on Monday that virtually all other stocks had.

      Delete
  7. Captain,

    Great finish! Strong dividend income in December, big divvy from Chevron and hopefully with the lower prices you can pick up more shares via reinvestment at a low price to increase your div going forward. Some great names you have there, keep it up.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great stats for December and for the year as well. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll be continually putting up impressive year over year numbers. Nice list of companies paying you in December too. Tanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete