Thursday, December 17, 2015

Recent Buy - Walmart

Today I made another purchase as the markets took a beating. This time I picked up some more shares of retail giant Walmart (WMT). This allowed me to average down a bit. Sadly I was a couple weeks removed from the ex-dividend date so I'll miss next quarters dividend with these new shares.

I wanted to add a January payer and I was also considering adding to my stake in Phillip Morris (PM) or initiating a new position in Cisco (CSCO) but I thought Walmart offered a better value and I like to average down whenever possible.

I purchased 17 shares of Walmart (WMT) at $59.84


WMT Basic Statistics
  • Ticker Symbol: WMT
  • Sector: Retail
  • Yield: 3.3%
  • Dividend Streak: 40 years
  • Dividend Growth 1yr: 2.0%
  • Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 11%
  • Payout Ratio: 43%
  • P/E Ratio: 14
  • Market cap:$188 Billion
  • Wabsite: http://www.walmart.com


7 comments:

  1. Good buy CD. I'm trying to find some cash to buy more of this once in a decade buy. Even during the recession WMT never had such a high yield plus the fair value from all sources averages around $70. You get a consumer staple with an above average yield and cap gains? what could be better than that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is my third WMT purchase in the last 4-5 months. Gotta take advantage of these dips. Walmart at over 3% is pretty rare, in fact I don't know if it's ever been 3% before.

      Delete
  2. CD,

    Nice buy - an aristocrat, solid yield, solid payout ratio - congrats on the addition!!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am long WMT as well - I think it's extremely undervalued at current prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice purchase Captain. I am long WMT and have been adding to it for a few months now as part of my weekly purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good buy at a great price. WMT has taken a beating this year. 2016 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am waiting for the next your posts! Thanks a lot! Use best custom writing. It is very helpful service.

    ReplyDelete