Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Recent Buy - Walmart (WMT)

Earlier this week I pulled the trigger on another purchase. This time around I had my eye on several stocks but ultimately choose Walmart (WMT). Luckily at the time of my purchase the markets were in a selloff on Monday morning which allowed me to get a great price So I was happy about that. I usually don't get that lucky.

I purchased 16 shares of WMT at $63.75 giving my a total of 50 shares total.

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. operates retail stores in various formats around the world. The company operates its business through three reportable segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International and Sam's Club.

I noticed that 'Passive Income Pursuit' just published a new analysis of Walmart over on Seeking Alpha too if you guys wanna check that out.

Walmart Stock Chart



WMT Basic Statistics
  • Ticker Symbol: WMT
  • Sector: Consumer Goods
  • Yield: 3.02%
  • Dividend Streak: 40 years
  • Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 11%
  • Payout Ratio: 40%
  • P/E Ratio: 13.8
  • Market cap:$212 Billion
  • Morningstar Fair Value: $79
  • Value Line Target Price: $100
  • Website: http://www.walmart.com

WMT Earnings Growth




8 comments:

  1. Nice buy, CD. Walmart is a stock I nibbled at with a couple reinvested shares during the recent dips an a position I'm slowly growing over time. We seem to be on similar paths as my share count stands at 45.

    I expect their price to slowly rise after the initial impact of the higher employee salaries subsides and the holiday effect sets in. We'll see! Either way I think we agree it's a great long-term stock to have in the dividend portfolio.

    Best,

    Dan (DWC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunatly I was too exposed into WMT during the recent market crash/low prices so I did not add any other position to it, but I believe that it's a good stock and has solid fundamentals. They are going through a difficult patch now, but stronger dollar and China crisis might help them to buy cheaper and therefore drive up revenues...
    Great buy there CD! :)

    ciaociao

    Stal

    ReplyDelete
  3. WMT looks pretty cheap here. I'm not in a hurry to add to my position but it's a solid choice especially for uncertain times. They've struggled recently but I think those issues work themselves out in the long run. I wouldn't expect a return to annual double digit growth but mid to high single digits should be doable. Especially if the share price stays cheap allowing management to buyback shares and actually increase value rather than destroy it. Also, thanks for the mention of my stock analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice buy. Liking WMT and looks like a good timing to add some!

    Cheers,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pick-up and here is a little additional fact for your recent purchase, during WMTs 42 year dividend growth streak every single dividend increase has beaten inflation every single year.

    That's pretty impressive when you factor in some really bad inflation years during the 70s and early 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying that we need to include WMT in our portfolio. Not sure why we haven't picked up some shares yet. Great buy Captain Dividend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice purchase Captain at a great price. I have been adding WMT as part of my weekly purchases and now hold just about 40 shares, but my average price is higher than this. I plan to add bit more in the 60s and also average down in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like WMT and their shares are on sale right now. Glad to be a fellow shareholder!

    Cheers

    BSR

    ReplyDelete