Saturday, October 31, 2015

October Dividend Update

October has come and gone (almost) and it's time for my monthly dividend update. This time around I suspected may be a light month because WMT not paying this month. WMT has a weird payout schedule where they pay twice in the first month of the quarter and twice in the last month of the quarter over the course of one year. Not only that but Kraft/Heinz (KHC) has moved their dividend back a bit and it looks like well be getting an announcement in a week or so regarding the next dividend. All of this made for one of my weakest dividend months in a long time.

My dividend total for the October was $234.23 which is a 10% improvement over last years October total of $213.12. Next month as well as next quarter should put me back on track as I made some late purchases (WMT , GSK) which just missed the ex-dividend dates for this October. These new purchases should show up next time around. My dividend income is listed below.

October Purchases
  • Walmart (WMT) - 16 Shares @ $63.75
  • Walmart (WMT) - 20 Shares @ $58.40
October Dividend Increases
  •  Altria (MO) - From .52 to .565 (+8.6 %)
October Dividend Income
  • Coca-Cola (KO) - $20.13
  • GlaksoSmithKline - (GSK) - $34.32
  • Altria (MO) - $53.68
  • Philip Morris (PM) - $14.28
  • Realty Income (O) - $19.05
  • Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) - $52.80
  • Sysco (SYY) - $19.80
  • Hattera's Financial (HTS) - $24.75
Total Dividends For October 2015: - $234.23

16 comments:

  1. Nice income for the month Captain. Chart is trending upwards which is great. You keep up the hustle aight. Thank you for sharing and it's wonderful reading these posts from all the bloggers. Thanks bud. I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trend is definitely our friend as those dividends and new investments keep compounding! Good job getting WMT cheaper than I did btw. Keep on hustling!.

      Delete
  2. Nice dividend increase. I made some WMT purchase too. I'll see how my January number will turn out. I look at your dividend chart and all I see is a straight up line, with no evidend of slowing down. You have a very impressive dividend growth portfolio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vivianne, thanks for stopping by. It looks like you took advantage of the lower prices were seeing in KMI as well. I think there is great value in some of the oil names, one day I suspect we will look back and wonder why we didn't buy more here. I like your site, I'll have to add it to my blog list. Cheers!

      Delete
  3. A 10% YoY gain is still excellent. Great job Captain! Just curious why do you use a 4 month rolling average instead of a 3 month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I can't complain too much about 10% growth here. I just ruins my lovely chart hehe. The 4 month line was just arbitrary. A 3 month would probably be better since that would make it a quarterly average. I may change that . Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Captain D,

    Nice job! Loving the spread of dividend payers for the month, and I bet you loved that Altria increase. If only PM's was half of it! Nice job and looking forward to November.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, another big increase from whats easily the best dividend stock ever. My only mistake was not buying MO sooner. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on pulling in $234 in October which is a slow dividend income month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another solid month even though it was a little "lighter" than expected. The bottom line is that you had quite a few solid dividend payers filling up your coffers and still experienced a nice year over year growth rate. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still pretty solid dividend income nonetheless. Interesting that WMT has an odd dividend payout schedule, I didn't know that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A little bit weaker than you might have wanted but still a gain over last year and that is the name of the game. More income every year and before you know it, you've got more than your expenses! I had quite a weak month of October as well but like you, still a gain. A post later this week on the official numbers.

    Keep up the great work Captain. The rest of the year should look good with your recent purchases!

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Captain Dividend

    Even with a slow month like October you rock with your dividend income.

    Keep the snowball rolling.

    Sharon - Divorcedff

    ReplyDelete
  10. your dividends has been increasing for along time.. great job.. you will be financial free soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice job!!! keep up the great work..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the update! I am with you on WMT; recently picked up more shares.

    ReplyDelete