Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Recent Buy - Travelers (TRV)

Looks like I squeaked in a second monthly buy this month already. Today I opened a position in Travelers Companies (TRV). I had a few other stocks on my radar as well including WMT, PM and KMI but I missed the ex-div date on PM so I decided to wait on that and open a position in TRV instead. I don't have a ton of exposure to the financial sector so this is a nice fit for me.

As you can see by the stats below TRV sports a 2.5% yield which is pretty low for my taste but makes up for it with a healthy a dividend growth rate of 10%.

Travelers Companies Inc through its subsidiaries provides commercial & personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations and individuals.

I purchased 12 shares of TRV at $99.81 this week.


TRV Stock Chart

TRV Basic Statistics
  • Ticker Symbol: TRV
  • P/E Ratio: 10.52
  • Sector: Financial
  • Yield: 2.5%
  • Dividend Growth Rate: 10%
  • Payout Ratio: 21%
  • Market cap: $32 Billion
  • Beta: 1.2
  • Morningstar Fair Value: $108
  • Value Line Target Price: $130
  • Website: http://www.travelers.com

TRV Dividend Growth

4 comments:

  1. This is a new one for me. Actually i have seen quite a few new to me stock buys in the past fee days from the community. Which is awesome.

    TRV looks great. Gotta love that dividend growth chart since 2002. Nice buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, the dividend growth has been fairly aggressive since the merger with St. Paul Companies in the mid 2000's and has plenty of room to grow from here.

      Delete
  2. Great pick up Captain. It seems like many in the community area scooping up shares in this company. I may have to join the herd soon haha keep up the great work and way to add some strong dividend income to your portfolio!

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, it was that same community that put TRV on my radar as well. I still wasn't sure if I'd buy it or some other stocks I've been drooling over. There's always next months purchase to look forward to!

      Delete