Thursday, June 18, 2015

Recent Buy - Exxon Mobil (XOM)

Earlier this week I made another stock purchase and this time I was looking to replace the dividends in the last month of the quarter which I lost due to the Reynolds American Tobacco (RAI) buyout of Lorillard (LO). My precious Lorillard shares finally left my portfolio and were replaced with cash and some shares of RAI stock. I sold the remaining shares of RAI stock as I already have two other tobacco companies that I'm happy with and some of that money was put to use in this transaction.


I purchased another 17 shares of XOM at $83.50 this week.

XOM Stock Chart


XOM Basic Statistics
  • Ticker Symbol: XOM
  • P/E Ratio: 12.8
  • Sector: Energy
  • Yield: 3.4%
  • Dividend Growth Rate: 7.5%
  • Payout Ratio: 41 %
  • Market cap: $357b
  • Beta: 1.1
  • Morningstar Fair Value: $98
  • Website: http://www.exxonmobil.com

XOM Dividend Growth

7 comments:

  1. Great looking charts, hope the long term trend continues! Keep putting that capital to work and you will reap the benefits for years.

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great purchase, CD. Cant go wrong with a company like XOM. Congrats on the purchase

    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the XOM purchase. XOM's high on my buy list right now. Nearly a 3.5% yield for this company just doesnt come around very often. Should continue to be a great long term winner and you got in at an excellent price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome purchase Captain. XOM is best bet. I'd like to get some myself but with canadian exchange, it sucks for us right now. Keep it up and hustle hard my friend. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain,

    Damn! Nice purchase, big time. That's a steal at $83.50 and can't believe you were able to swoop in at that price. Bargain right now, especially if you do not have a huge position in oil as well. Great job Captain, enjoy those dividends!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buying at the right price is important, good job on your XOM purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We picked up shares in XOM recently also. And coincidentally, we both bought at the same exact price of $83.50. It was a limit order we had set. Since it is somewhat or a rounded figure, I'm assuming you also set a limit order on this as well. :)

    Cheers to future growth and dividends! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete