Saturday, November 29, 2014

November Dividend Update


It's time to report on my November dividend income and I'm pleased to announce that this is a new record month for me!  This months total was $239.56 which is a 4.9% increase over the $227.68 I earned last quarter. It was also a 19% improvement over last year in November. Can't wait till next month !

   Looking forward here to my next purchase, I haven't settled on what I'm going to buy quite yet. I know a lot of my fellow bloggers have been scooping up energy stocks after the OPEC decision came through. I may follow in their footsteps. I actually thought I was quite overweight on energy stocks but I never actually crunched the numbers to see for sure. It turns out energy is around 13% of my portfolio so I think I can still squeeze in some more purchases while there's a 'fire sale' in the sector. Right now I'm focused on a few stocks including IBM, GSK, CVX and BBL. What do you guys think ?

November 2014 Purchases
  • General Mills (GIS) - 23 shares @ $50.89
 
November Dividend Increases
  •  Kinder Morgan (KMI) - From .43 to .44 ( a 2.3% increase )
 
November 2014 Dividend Income
  • AT&T (T) - $45.08
  • General Mills (GIS) - $22.55
  • WGL Holdings (WGL) - $29.04
  • Clorox (CLX) - $14.06
  • Tompkins Financial (TMP) - $10.92
  • Reality Income (O) - $18.31
  • Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $21.88
  • Peoples United Financial (PBCT) - $36.80
  • Kinder Morgan (KMI) - $40.92

Total Dividends For November: - $239.56



12 comments:

  1. Good Job Captain,

    I've been following your blog for a while now. It's amazing to see how small contributions can add up overtime.

    As to your question on energy, I see nothing wrong with being a little over weighted on energy as long as the price is right and the company's fundamental is still good. I'm still building my core holdings and capital is tight. I have no problem hoarding blue chip companies like CVX and COP at these prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the dividend income this month Captain! Solid numbers for sure. I've been buying BBL and will look to add this coming week as well. GSK is also on my watchlist, so we will see what the market brings us next week before I make a move. I'm 99% I'll go with an energy play just because it's getting hammered so bad and begging me to scoop up some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Captain

    Congrats on the new record. Keep up the good work! Weight of energy is about 15% of my portfolio, I don't think it's too high. On my opinion IBM, GSK, CVX and BBL are all good pick ups at current levels.

    Regards,
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain Dividend,

    Awesome! Crossing $200 is huge in an off month - your December is going to be bigger than ever, I have a feeling. I've been liking KMI's consistent increases this year as well - no complaints there and leads to a nice annualized dividend growth rate and am excited for their closing of the merger with the partnership, etc.. Nice job and congratulations, thanks for sharing!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your recent dividend income update as well as buy with us. I see many similar names in your list and in my portfolio. Always nice to see such a great YOY improvement in dividend income as well. Look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice total for November. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain,

    Another solid month. Slow and steady definitely wins the race.

    I hope you're able to scoop up a deal or two over the course of December. In the meanwhile, you've got a great portfolio working for you. :)

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great, slow and steady definitely wins the race. Loving that your moving average is going up each month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CD,

    It's quite motivating to see your graph. Makes me say to myself "I can do this too!". Impressive how you've been able to grow your income so well over the past two years.

    Keep it up,
    NMW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on yet another record month! You have been super consistent with your purchases, keep up the good work. In addition, with only 13% of your portfolio in energy, it would be wise to take advantage in some discounted opportunities. Quite a few good ones to choose from, so no matter which one you pick you will be ahead of the average.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another strong month! out of your list BBL is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Captain,

    Do you DRIP your dividends back into each stock or do you take the lump sum and invest in opportunities based on current market conditions?

    ReplyDelete