Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December Dividend Update

My total dividend income for December totaled  $162.21. This was a bit lower than last quarter where I made $167.99 in September. This was due to Walmart's dividend falling in early January rather than late December (I really hate that).  You can see all of my dividend income here.

Dividend Increases
 

McDonald's (MCD) - From .77 to .81 per quarter

October Purchases

Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) -  31 @ $35.37
Kraft (KRFT) - 22 @ $52.65


COMPANYDESCRIPTIONSYMBOLAMOUNT
Universal Health TrustQUALIFIED DIVIDENDUHT31.25
McDonald'sQUALIFIED DIVIDENDMCD18.63
Realty IncomeORDINARY DIVIDEND O18.19
AvistaQUALIFIED DIVIDEND AVA17.69
LorillardQUALIFIED DIVIDEND LO15.40
Johnson & JohnsonQUALIFIED DIVIDEND JNJ11.22
ChevronQUALIFIED DIVIDEND CVX10.00
IntelQUALIFIED DIVIDEND INTC39.38



16 comments:

  1. Congrats on the dividend income, CD. Great to see your progress and the ever climbing dividends month after month.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roadmap! I guess the chart says it all. Slow but steady gains.

      Delete
  2. I had a few months myself where the dividend income was lower but the overall trend is higher. And that's the important part. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few dividend stocks whose pay dates like to fluctuate so they could be in one month one quarter but next quarter in a different month. It's a bit frustrating but your right, it doesn't really matter. Just me being nit picky is all. :-p

      Delete
  3. exactly what PIP said. as long as the overall trend is higher then your heading in the right direction. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice progression of dividends. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AAI, it looks like you had another monster month. Good luck in 2014

      Delete
  5. Great month! It's silly to get annoyed over dividend timing anomalies but I feel the same way. My dividend income dropped QoQ as well due to PEP and DLR paying in Jan. Love your blog, may your 2014 be healthy and full of success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Divi, your right it is kinda silly . I mean I'm still getting paid and that's what counts. Thanks for the kind words. I noticed your a blogger yourself, I'll have to add a link to your blog in my blogroll! Best of luck in 2014 !

      Delete
  6. It's motivating to look at your monthly dividend chart and see it consistently climbing upwards! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Dan, I find that putting the data in chart form really shows the progress and I too find that highly motivational.

      Delete
  7. Captain,

    Congrats on another strong month. The snowball continues to build...

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice month for you Captain Dividend, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice December Captain Dividend! Way to build a steady stream of passive income month after month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Captain Dividend!
    I have found your site today - you have choose a great and very cool name :-)
    I'll visit you now regularly.

    Best regards!
    D-S

    ReplyDelete