Monday, December 23, 2013

Recent Buy - Kinder Morgan Inc. (KMI)

It was a nice surprise when my boss gave us our bonus checks for the end of the year. I thought I'd put this money to work for me. So today I added to my position in Kinder Morgan Inc. (KMI). I purchased 31 shares at a price of $35.37 which gives me 62 shares total. I only wished I got this money a week ago when the stock was trading around $33.00 but my entry today was about the same as my first purchase price.

Kinder Morgan, Inc. owns and operates energy transportation and storage assets in the United States and Canada. The company owns an interest in or operates approximately 75,000 miles of pipelines and 180 terminals. Its pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, CO2 and other products, and its terminals store petroleum products and chemicals and handle such products as ethanol, coal, petroleum coke and steel. The company also owns the general partner and approximately 11% of the limited partner interests of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P., referred to as ‘KMP.

KMI Stock Chart




















KMI Basic Statistics

  • Ticker Symbol: KMI
  • PE Ratio: 34.5
  • Yield: 4.6%
  • Dividend Growth 5yr:  10%
  • Payout Ratio: 89%
  • Market cap: $37.51 B
  • Website: http://www.kindermorgan.com

KMI Dividend Growth

KMI expects to declare dividends of $1.72 per share for 2014. This represents an approximate 10% increase over KMIs 2013 budget target of $1.57 per share and an approximate 8% increase over the $1.60 per share of dividends it expects to declare for 2013.



6 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat as you. I wished I had funds last week to buy more shares. Enjoy the growing dividend from this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya sadly I always seem to miss out when stocks are "on sale". In the long term though it's just a minute detail. Thanks FF

      Delete
  2. I think everyone in the community is buying this one KMI! It has a great track record, outstanding pipeline network, and a CEO who keeps the majority of his money in the company's stock. KMI is on my radar too, now I just need a selloff :o) Merry Christmas and thanks for your comment on my blog.
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bryan,

      A great pipeline and it looks like they are also getting in to shipping as well. I saw that the CEO bought something like 800k shares. Wow that's over $300k in dividend every quarter. :-o

      Delete
  3. I like the buy. I added to my position in early December not long after they announced the "disappointing" guidance. Lots to like here with a near 5% yield that's growing "only" 8% and that's with EPB providing no growth this year. Given that Richard Kinder just bought even more shares and holds a good chunk of his own money there, they're going to be a good steward of owner's capital. Plus the new projects in the works should help over the next few years to continue to fuel higher growth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a buy for me:
    P/E of over 30 and a payout ratio of nearly 90% - this is not a good basis for further dividend growth or better future pricing.
    Nevertheless I wish you good luck with your recent buy.
    Best regards
    rickrack

    ReplyDelete