Sunday, April 1, 2018

March 2018 Dividend Income



Hey everyone. It's past time for my March dividend update! This month I earned $385.26 which is a bit lower than last year and last quarter. This was due in large part because of the timing of several dividends slid into April probably due to good friday where the markets were closed. So next month will be an unusually large month as a result. 

There's some cheap stocks out there that I am eyeing for my next purchase. XOM, PPL, SO and JNJ are looking attractive here. What stocks are you interested in headed into April?

I made one purchase in March and had no sales.

March Stock Purchases
  • PPL Corp (PPL) - 41 Shares @ $28.07 - $1158.03
March Dividend Income
  • Vanguard Long-Term Bond ETF (BLV) - $3.37
  • Southern Company  (SO) - $46.98
  • Exxon (XOM) - $52.36
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) -  $51.24
  • McDonalds (MCD) - $35.35
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - $39.60
  • Flowers Foods (FLO) - $79.05
  • Unilever (UL) - $24.93
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $17.06
  • Kraft/Heinz (KHC) - $26.88
  • Realty Income (O) - $8.44

Total Dividends March 2018: - $385.26
  
In the chart below you can see my dividend growth. Lets keep that moving average going up!

11 comments:

  1. Captain -

    I hear ya with the timing of dividends. You still had a really strong month and I love that Flower dividend amount, normally don't see the strength from them! Congrats.

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I wish they would have just moved them up a day instead of dropping into April. Not really a big deal but it screws up my chart! Thx for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice capt. Great income. I saw a couple stocks to be paid end of march posted for april 2nd. I just posted them on my march income to keep things simple and not confuse things.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I think that may have been what I did last year actually. It really hurts my OCD. :-o

      Delete
  3. I like your PPL pick up in March. The utilities are sporting some pretty good yields as they continue their slide. Even though there is a little dividend slide because of div payout timing you still managed a pretty impressive total for the month. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still a good looking month Captain. All the stocks you mention seem like nice picks. I just purchased $3500 of CVS and $1500 of MO. CVS is so beaten down right now it is hard to resist. A lot of uncertainty in the future with them but thats always a good time to buy as long as you dont think the company will be impacted too greatly. Debt will be an issue but I don't see them going bankrupt because of the merger so I'm buying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great month Captain, despite some divies to be paid out in April. I don't think the easter have affected Canadians. All divies were paid out in March.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome month Captain! Lots of good stocks have been beat down these past months and make for great buys. You have a great list of companies paying you as well. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a great month Captain. Yeah, I had one divy hit on the last day but I just listed it in my March. I am glad to see that we hold shares in several of the same companies. I have also been looking at adding to my position in SO. Keep the dividends flowing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome month. I just put the ones that were to be paid in March as technically they were but not accredited till april on the march log.
    Doesnt really matter in the end of schemes as one month will be higher than other or have more than the other. I wouldnt mind adding to my PPL XOM or PEG stocks PEG is the highest dividend buyt iyt will get to where i want faster if add to it but i also want to bring up lower stocks also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chart is still a beautiful piece of work Captain! Keep doing what you're doing and congrats on a great month!

    ReplyDelete