Saturday, April 8, 2017

Dividend Update - March 2017



It's time for my March dividend update! Looks like a pretty solid month for me here as I managed to earn $392.61 in dividend income. This is a YOY increase of 35.6%! I'm pretty happy with that growth. The timing on my purchases and sells couldn't have been worse as they have all turned against me in the short term. Glad I'm not a trader!

Last month I made three purchases and I made one sale which I've listed below.

March Stock Sells
  • Cullen & Frost (CFR) - 18 shares @ $84.21 = $1515.78
March Stock Purchases
  • General Mills (GIS) - 18 shares @ $59.36 = $1075.43
  • Southern Company (SO) - 30 shares @ $50.22 = $1513.55
  • Cisco (CSCO) - 41 shares @ $34.40 = $1417.35
March Dividend Increases
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - From .695 to .72 (+3.5%)
  • Avista (AVA) - From .343 to .358 (+4.3%)
March Dividend Income
  • Exxon (XOM) - $51.00
  • Johnson & Johnson - (JNJ) - $48.80
  • Compass Minerals - (CMP) - $23.04
  • McDonalds - (MCD) - $32.90
  • Avista - (AVA) - $20.74
  • Cullen/Frost Bank (CFR) - $9.72
  • Unilever (UL) - $19.26
  • Kraft/Heinz (KHC) - $25.80
  • Flowers Foods (FLO) - $74.40
  • Pepsi (PEP) - $32.36
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.98
  • Universal Health Trust (UHT) - $32.75
  • Travelers (TRV) - $8.04
  • Realty Income (O) - $3.82
Total Dividends March 2017: - $392.61
 

In the chart below you can see my dividend growth. It looks like my quarterly moving average is finally starting to return to the upside again.

19 comments:

  1. Great month there Captain. Just about $400 for one month and a solid 35% increase year over year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice month for you. Looks like that monthly income is increasing slowly but that is just fantastic. Keep it going! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great month Captain. Any reason why you chose to sell CFR? In any case, you can't argue with a 35% increase from last year! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valuation and technical reasons. My thinking was that it will be coming down by this summer. Of course I could be 100% wrong there. I made a 50% gain on the stock though which was nice. I'd love to get back in CFR again at a better yield.

      Delete
  4. Solid month indeed. Looks like March was a great month for all of us. As usual, lots of great names paying you. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good solid month of dividends and some good buys. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great month CD! Keep moving forward! Good set of purchases too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Job Captain Dividend with $392.61!

    You can afford a cheap Hoverboard ($400) to zip around town with a poster board saying "Dividends are awesome". Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it me or your March income is less than your December? Was it an 1-time payout? or did you make some divestment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My income was slightly higher than my December total of $376.56, I think you may be referring to Last September where I made $402.96. That's because Pepsi and Walmart paid that month but not in the Months of December or March. Those two move their payments around a bit. It may only be a few days difference but it's enough to have them fall in the following month. Thx

      Delete
  9. Nice Dividends Captain. Almost $400 in dividends is awesome! Keep up the great work. Best wishes and continued success on your journey! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Captain. Cant complain with that income! Great assortment of names paying you as well. keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Solid month! Love the slope of that dividend chart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Cap. Cisco has been on my watchlist for sometime. We use their products at work and they are solid and not going anywhere. Maybe once they hit the 10 year div growth mark, then I will jump in.
    Later,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice results. March is always a good one for dividends. I get really inspired reading post like these. It seems most of had had record months, truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the end of quarters, almost $400 is a fantastic month. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great month. Almost 400! And a nice year over year increase that's what it's all about

    ReplyDelete
  16. Captain Dividend- you are making solid progress. I've been at this for a bit longer and have deployed much more capital and our March 2017 dividend income was an all time record at $8353.49. If only I could sustain that rate every month, then we'd be at six figures of annual dividend income!

    It's nice to get to these levels and know that half our life or hopefully more is still in front of us- it sets a nice tailwind up for later in life. You are doing the same thing with your fine efforts here, too.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete