Friday, March 24, 2017

Dividend Update - February 2017


It's time for my February dividend update! Actually I'm pretty late posting this as I've been lazy in my posting. Anyway my income for the month was $319.44, which is an increase of 10% over last quarter. That would be great if I could have that type of growth every quarter!

Last month I made two purchases and I made one sale which I've listed below.

February Stock Sells
  • Tompkins Financial (TMP) - 45 shares @ $89.65 = $4026.16
February Stock Purchases
  • Cisco (CSCO) - 32 shares @ $31.56 = $1017.92
  • Verizon (VZ) - 81 shares @ $49.41 = $4010.21
February Dividend Increases
  • AT&T (T) - From .48 to .49 (+2%)
  • Abbott Labs (ABT) - From .26 to .265 (+2%)
February Dividend Income
  • General Mills (GIS) - $37.44
  • WGL Holdings (WGL) - $32.18
  • AT&T (T) - $110.25
  • Verizon (VZ) - $13.28
  • Clorox (CLX) - $15.20
  • Proctor & Gamble (PG) - $32.14
  • Abbott Labs (ABT) - $7.16
  • Tompkins Financial (TMP) - $20.25
  • Peoples United Financial (PBCT) - $37.91
  • Realty Income (O) - $16.80
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $9.83
Total Dividends February 2017: - $319.44

In the chart below you can see my dividend growth, you will notice in the past 6 months my income has been reduced slightly, that was due to my sale of Realty Income. I used the proceeds to pay off my mortgage and I have now started to reinvest in Realty Income again (this time in a Roth IRA tax advantaged account ).



17 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty good month there Captain. Nearly $320 in extra income plus 10% growth quarter over quarter. That's fantastic stuff.

    One thing to note though is that Cisco's dividend was increased from $0.26 to $0.29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a copy/paste error there thanks! I only report realized increases and CSCO was from last month. I fixed it. :-)

      Delete
  2. very good numbers for the month of feb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job looks like Att is paying you good money and will continue to do so
    Any increase is good, but anytime you can get double digits take it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice income captain. 10% increases every quarter would be good for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. $500 a month then onward and upwards!

    Picked up some CSCO myself this week. So much I'd like to buy, just don't want to overpay. Could see a healthy correction later this year and want to have dry powder ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Captain! Keep up the good work and don't be too lazy posting, OK :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain -

    Solid dividend income all around, congrats on the month of Feb! Should write March's soon I hope!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice income for the month. Well done to you. I would be happy with that. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good Captain. If you have a minute, stop over and look at our dividend income chart. It has taken quite a massive hit compared to yours regarding paying off the mortgage. Be thankful yours has not fallen as much as ours haha

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually a bit surprised you managed to earn as much as you have considering how much stock you sold. I only had to sell about $5,000 worth of stock, so I should be back in no time. Your still earning quite a bit there as well.

      Delete
  10. Better late than never with your update. Before you know it we'll be posting our March updates. Solid income with a nice year over year gain. Congrats n paying off that mortgage and building up your position in O once again. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great update and congratulations on getting rid of that mortgage. Hopefully the dividend s will keep piling up now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking good! Loving the graphs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing like the feeling of eliminating debt. Sometimes that can feel even better than dividend payments... sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job getting a 10% increase over the quarter. I definitely understand the sale of Realty Income and the renewed reinvestment in a tax advantaged account. I currently own a few shares of Realty Income in a taxable account and I am mindful of the unfavorable tax treatment of REITs as compared to other dividend stocks in one's taxable account. So, although I'm about to invest significantly in Realty Income in my taxable account because it's one of my favorite stocks to won, I'm just a bit hesitant to do so for that reason.

    Congrats on getting rid of that mortgage too. I got a long way to go before I get rid of mine, so you do have my envy.

    Keep updating when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Data Lore, I still have some stocks in my regular account that I would probably do better to move then into my ROTH IRA. However there is something to be said about the liquidity you have in a regular account vs something like an IRA account. There's always pluses and minuses I guess. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete