Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Recent Buy - Flowers Foods (FLO)

With the markets at high valuations these days it's becoming more and more difficult for me to find value in the stock market. I remember not long ago where I had to pick between several stocks which looked attractively valued but that doesn't seem to be the case these days. I did find one that I liked though and it's one I've already purchased a couple of times this year.

Early this week I purchased 64 more shares of the US baker Flowers Foods for a total of $1184.

Flowers Foods (NYSE: FLO), is a bakery which was opened by the Flowers family in 1919 and is now one of the largest producers of packaged bakery foods in the United States. FLO is the home for some of the largest brands in the business including Wonder, and Natures Own brands and is the second largest bread company in the US.

Flower Foods just announced another dividend increase of 10.3% and is expected to grow EPS by double digits again this year. I am bit bummed that I missed the ex-div date by less than a week though!

Sure Dividend has a nice article about FLO as well that's worth a look.



FLO Stock Chart

FLO Basic Stats
  • Ticker Symbol: FLO
  • Sector: Consumer Goods
  • Yield: 3.46%
  • Dividend Growth Streak: 10 years
  • Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 10.6%
  • Payout Ratio: 66%
  • P/E Ratio: 16.6 (forward)
  • Market cap:$3.75 Billion
  • Website: http://www.flowersfoods.com

FLO Financial Growth

FLO Cash Flow VS Dividend Payout


FLO Dividend Growth

21 comments:

  1. Nice purchase Captain. Thanks for bringing this stock up. I'll have to do further research but it's a great to diversify our holdings. Thanks for sharing and keep hustling hard bro. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing, glad to put it on your radar. Keep hustlin!

      Delete
  2. I like FLO at these levels, so in my opinion it was a great buy. Thanks for sharing, Regards, MrStockFox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad price here I thought. Looking at it's historical P/E ratio it's really cheap.

      Delete
  3. Nice job Captain. Doubling down on a winner in your portfolio. Congrats on the dividend increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm very happy with a 10% increase! I just wish all my stocks had that kind of growth. :-o

      Delete
  4. Ah I see it missed my screen from the TTM PE is above 20. If your correct and the forward is 16 I will have to jump on this great buy. Thanks for the information and congrats on more dividends!
    Later,
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do some research on it and let us know what you think DFG!

      Delete
  5. hey Captain,

    I know that feeling. Missing a dividend payment is one of the worst feelings in the world. But look on the bright side, you bought FLo at a good price and I expect it to break 20 by the end of the year. A good market scare, a race towards consumer staple, and one eps beat or boost and we're solid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CD,

    Great buy and I see more and more are buying them as well. I love their breads, that's for sure and am continually watching them.. Hmm... congrats!!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya after the drop in price late last year it's gotten a lot more attention for sure. Glad to hear you like their breads.

      Delete
  7. Captain,

    That's a good buy. I recently started a position in FLO. Was following it for some time. Seems like a great long term acquisition at this price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree obviously, my biggest concern is the issue with the drivers and how much it could possibly cost the company. Hopefully they can work things out.

      Delete
  8. Look at the growth. Can't complain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya they have nice growth in both earnings and dividends. Greta combo!

      Delete
  9. FLO has some excellent recent dividend growth, and one can't complain about a yield above 3.5%! Good buy, Captain Dividend -- looks like an interesting opportunity here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too common to find a 3.5% yielder with such solid dividend growth to go along with it.

      Delete
  10. Very interesting read. As someone that is new to Dividend investing I very much enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Glad to you like it, thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  11. Shopping has gone completely online these days. You can shop everything from household appliances to office supplies sitting in home.

    ReplyDelete