Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Dividend Update


It's time to report on my June dividends and I'm pleased to announce that my June dividend total was $227.91! This is my highest dividend month ever. This was a bit more than my previous high of $213.13 which I reached just last month and over a 30% increase over last quarter where I earned $173.79 in March. This was partially due to stock purchases, dividend raises and Walmart's dividend moving from early July to late June. Walmart's dividend date has jumped around a few times since I've owned it. I don't expect my July dividend totals to break the $200 mark since I won't be receiving my Walmart dividend and I also just missed the ex-div date for my latest purchase of Piedmont Natural Gas which would have payed in July as well. So it looks like I'll have to wait till October to enjoy those returns.


June Dividend Increases
  • Chevron (CVX) - From 1.00 to 1.07 +7%
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - From .66 to .70 +6%
  • Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) - From .625 to .63 +0.8%
  • Pepsi (PEP) - From .568 to .655 +15.3%

June Purchases
  • Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) - 32 shares @ $36.80

June 2014 Dividend Income
  • Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) – $31.50
  • Pepsi (PEP) – $28.17
  • Realty Income (O) – $18.25
  • McDonald's (MCD) - $28.35
  • Avista (AVA) - $18.42
  • Lorillard (LO) - $17.22
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $11.90
  • Chevron (CVX) - $57.78
  • Walmart (WMT) - $16.32

Total Dividends For June: $227.91 


17 comments:

  1. Nice. Congrats on the new high.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captain,

    Congrats on another record month, your monthly dividend income chart looks so impressive. Great job and keep at it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love how the chart is shaping up. Eventually I wanna see those steps grow higher and higher each month.

      Delete
  3. Captain - Love the chart and the progress! Your monthly dividends seem to be rising month after month. Keep investing and growing that annual yield. Best Wishes! AFFJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for encouragement, btw thanks for adding the stock analysis collection to your blog.

      Delete
    2. Your welcome...hope you'll find it to be an invaluable resource for years to come! :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the personal best! Your dividends are much more spread out than mine although I'm getting mine a little bit better. You've had a great streak since Mar of every month being higher. That's pretty impressive! Gonna keep it up in July?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July looks to be pretty low since Walmart moved it's dividend date forward to June. Also I only made one purchase since last quarter that pays in July and I missed the ex-div date on that by a few days so i miss out on that as well until the October payment. Everything will balance out soon though. Cheers.

      Delete
  5. Captain,

    Nice work! Don't worry you will be hitting $200 and beyond every month in a little while here. Even if you miss ex date in the near term you'll be able to enjoy the dividends well into the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Captain
    Congrats on the new record month and a great development of dividend income!

    Regards
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Captain,
    Impressive dividends for the month and congrats on a new record. I am hoping that I hit 200 for a month sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, it wasn't that long ago that I was around $100 per month, now i'm averaging over $200 now which is all the more I can turn around and reinvest. So while my growth percentage wise may slow down these $100 increments should accelerate as I am earning more and more money which I can reinvest.

      Delete
  8. Captain,

    Congrats on a great month of passive income. Glad to hear you hit another record! Be prepared to keep breaking records from here on out. :)

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Captain,

    Congratulations on the blog! Looking great, I especially like your logo.

    Very impressive income, and great growth right there. At that rate you will hit 500 in no time.

    Keep it up!

    Best Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your recent dividend update with us. Breaking $200 in a month is a great feeling. Keep at it. Look forward to your next update.

    ReplyDelete