Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tracking Recent Buys From Fellow Dividend Investors

I follow or at least visit many other dividend growth investing blogs like mine. You can find many of them in my blogroll. I thought it might be interesting to compile a list of recent buys that other dividend investors have made recently and see if there are any trends that appear. In this case I tracked recent purchases from 14 other dividend growth investors for the month of March and below are the results.



In total there were 32 total purchases and 18 different stocks which were purchased. For instance Dividend Ladder, Compounding Income, Accumulating Assets, and Write Your Own Reality all purchased shares of Coca-Cola (KO). While Dividend Mantra and Passive Income Pursuit decided to buy shares of General Electric. There were 12 other stocks which were only purchased once. Those stocks include MO, CVX, BNS, UL, BP, UNP, T, APU, MDP, ESU, CLX, and TIS. Clearly KMI has been a big favorite recently. KMI has been under some selling pressure after a negative Barrons article was published but many investors like Dividend Hawk are seeing a bargain here.

Full Disclosure: I currently own shares of KMI,KO,MCD,PEP,MO,CVX,T, and CLX.

20 comments:

  1. ^^^ I agree. great Idea. I plan to buy KMI next pay check if price stay at this level. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Captain. Maybe you could do this compilation as a weekly series. It would be a big commitment, but I know we'd all appreciate it.
    -Bryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting idea I may be up for a monthly series. Well see how things go.

      Delete
  3. KMI has been taking a beating lately and looking really attractive. I haven't done my own analysis of the company but I will definitely put it in my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting chart...I also picked up a few KMI stocks this month for our family's dividend stocks portfolio. I got them at $31.00, which I think was a bargain. I won't hesitate to add more and dollar cost average my holdings should it drop below $30.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea Captain! It's interesting to see how the purchases tend to cluster. I think this could give a few new ideas to look further into. I'm with Bryan, a weekly or semi-monthly series would be pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for doing this. I was thinking of something along similar lines a couple of months ago, but couldnt dedicate enough time to do take over this exercise.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great consolidation, concept, and of course, my inclusion! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow yours and few other DGI blogs and noticed lot of KMI purchases. I was wondering how is KMP different from KMI? Both are trading near 52 week lows and have high yields. Why are people not paying attention to KMP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No huge difference really, I actually used to own KMP but I sold it to make my taxes less complicated. I believe with KMP you have to file a K-1 tax form.

      Delete
  9. Definitely a great idea! Dividend investing at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a fun little chart Captain, would it be worth archiving?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some other have mentioned they'd like to see this more often. Maybe I can do a monthly review. Maybe I will, depends on how lazy I am. :-o

      Delete
  11. Captain,

    Very cool idea! And thanks for including me.

    I think this is a great idea for a regular series. I, for one, would really appreciate it, but also understand the work that goes into it.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey DM thanks for stopping by and I may just do that.

      Best of luck

      Delete