Saturday, August 3, 2013

July Dividend Update


My dividend income for July comes to $135.27 which is considerably less than the $171.61 that I made last quarter in April. This was simply due to some of my dividends paying off a day or two earlier in June (WMT and UHT) rather than July. Some times this happens when the pay dates are so close to the beginning of the month. Regardless, this is a huge improvement over last years total of $68.93 for the month of July.

Dividend Increases

Reality Income (O) - From 0.181 to 0.182 per month

July Purchases

General Mills (GIS) - 22 Shares @ $49.12
McDonalds (MCD) - 11 Shares @ $98.00

I'm looking forward to August which could be my best month ever, we'll have to wait and see though. My purchases in August may be put on hold though as I go through some medical issues and need the capital to pay some hospital bills. Wow that stuff is expensive.


COMPANYDESCRIPTIONSYMBOLAMOUNT
SYSCOQUALIFIED DIVIDENDSYY18.48
HATTERAS FINANCIAL CORPORDINARY DIVIDENDHTS38.5
REALITY INCOMEORDINARY DIVIDENDO18.15
PIEDMONT NATURAL GASQUALIFIED DIVIDENDPNY21.08
GLAXOSMITHKLINEQUALIFIED DIVIDENDGSK12.66
ALTRIAQUALIFIED DIVIDENDMO26.4

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! That really is quite a huge improvement from last year's July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya it sure is nice to see this kind of growth so early. Of course percentage wise the growth should slow as my account grows but the monetary growth each month should continue to increase. Gotta love that.

      Delete
  2. Keep up the good work! That's a great increase from last year. Due to the pay schedules, I care more about the YoY and QoQ growth myself as a comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I agree, YoY and QoQ is really more important and a better measure for ones progress especially if you hold annual or semi-annual dividend payers. Still i like to track my monthly progress. There's also an abundance of dividend stock I like that pay in March,July,Sept,Dec for instance. So those months could be my strongest down the road.

      Thanks for stopping by,
      CD

      Delete
  3. It's a great result anyway Captain. It's nice seeing you having more than 100 monthly dividend income. I have that goal for my TD account for this year to reach that level. Getting close to it, but not sure if I get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Martin, It sure is nice to see dividend growth increase each quarter no doubt. I'm now comfortably over the $100 monthly mark at this point so here's looking forward to that $200 mark, I can't wait! Each month I get a little more excited as I am exceedingly rewarded for holding stock in great companies. I look forward to seeing you pass that $100 mark as well.

      Cheers,
      CD

      Delete
    2. Ayy ayy Captain!

      That is some great dividend income there. I bet all the pirates on board love it too! Best wishes in August!

      Delete