Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Dividend Update


My dividend total for June comes to $149.49 which is a big improvement over the $98.26 that I made last quarter in March and nearly double what I made last June where I earned $78.60. This is partially due to two of my stocks moving payments to this month.

Dividend Increases

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - From 0.61 to 0.66 per quarter
Universal Health Realty Income Trust (UHT) - From 0.62 to 0.625 per quarter

June Purchases

AT&T (T) - 62 Shares @ $34.69
Piedmont Natural Gas (PNY) - 32 Shares @ $34.31

I predict that July's totals will be less than last quarter due to the sale of MMT, and the fact that WMT and UHT paid in June rather than July. My recent purchase of more PNY shares will help lessen the reduction in dividend income. It looks like I've now safely passed the $100 mark for every month now. Baby steps ....


DESCRIPTIONSYMBOLAMOUNT
ORDINARY DIVIDEND (UHT)UHT31.25
ORDINARY DIVIDEND (O)O18.12
QUALIFIED DIVIDEND (AVA)AVA17.69
QUALIFIED DIVIDEND (JNJ)JNJ11.22
QUALIFIED DIVIDEND (LO)LO15.4
QUALIFIED DIVIDEND (WMT)WMT15.98
QUALIFIED DIVIDEND (INTC)INTC39.83


June Dividend Total - $149.49

4 comments:

  1. You are making some nice progress, keep it up! I'll have to look at PNY, I don't know much about that one. Thanks for pointing it out and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AAI, I like to think of PNY as a defensive stock. It's been quite stable and really shrugged off the last two recessions. A dividend champion with earnings growth and dividend growth and a nice yield. That's why I was attracted to it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress -- the year-over-year percent increase in your dividend income is impressive. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx DGM, I've tried to stay consistent with my purchases, adding to my positions each month. That's the way to keep those increases steady. One day soon I'll have some nice dividend totals like you had last month. :-o

      Delete