Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Recent Buy - Compass Minerals (CMP)

Earlier this week I added to my position in Compass Minerals (CMP). CMP is one of the smallest companies in terms of market cap that I have in my portfolio and it is also one of the smallest in terms of portfolio weight. CMP has been beaten down a bit after the mild winter hurt their salt sales so I decided to buy some more shares here.

Compass Minerals produces salt, plant nutrients and magnesium chloride for distribution primarily in North America. CMP also provides secure records storage in a retired mine in the U.K. Products from Compass Minerals serve a variety of applications in industrial, agricultural, commercial and consumer markets.

If you want a nice analysis of CMP be sure and check out Simply Safe Dividend's article here.

I bought 14 Shares of CMP @ $76.75 for a total of $1074.50

CMP Stock Chart


CMP Basic Stats
  • Ticker Symbol: CMP
  • Sector: Materials
  • Yield: 3.6%
  • Dividend Growth Streak: 12 years
  • Annualized Dividend Growth 3yr: 10%
  • Payout Ratio: 61%
  • P/E Ratio: 17.2
  • Market cap: $2.5 Billion
  • Website: http://www.compassminerals.com

CMP Dividend Growth

12 comments:

  1. Nice buy! You dont see this name pop up much but I still like it. My stake is down slightly but the dividend growth looks solid so its always on my list of potential buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I was down a bit as well and this gave me an opportunity to average down a bit. The dividend growth was one of the reasons I found CMP attractive in the first place. A 10% DGR on top of a 3%+ yielder is always a nice combo. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing Captain. I've never looked into this company. The metrics you shared look good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could put it on your radar. I feel like I have a few of these stocks that a lot of people have never heard of before. FLO is one of those that I considered somewhat unknown but is actually getting more attention lately, maybe I had a small part in that who knows. :-p

      Delete
  3. Good buy and the fundamentals look pretty decent for a small company. The yield and the growth rate are on point with my target buys. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure one day we could be looking at another dividend champion. Hope so!

      Delete
  4. Wow most of what I see meets my screen. I will have to check them out more as I am not sure why it doesn't make the cut.
    Thanks for sharing.
    DFG

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Captain, looking good. I've seen a lot on different blogs about this company but after my experience with BBL i might stay out of this one. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for being gun shy after that. I went through a similar feeling with KMI earlier this year. :-(

      Delete
  6. I've been burned by a lot of the oil producers who had good dividend growth records, but hoping that this minerals stock is better for you than oil was for me!

    ReplyDelete