Tuesday, April 5, 2016

March 2016 Dividend Update

It's March dividend update time! My dividend total for March was $289.49 which is a 15% improvement over last year and just slightly higher than last quarter. This total probably would have been higher had I not sold my shares in Chevron after growing concern about their dividend coverage. This could be my last month below the $300 mark and it looks like my quarterly average is comfortably above the $300/month mark as well. April is looking to be a solid month! My dividend income is listed below.

March Purchases
  • Cisco (CSCO) - 37 Shares @ $27.58
March Dividend Increases
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - From .66 to .695 (+5.3%)
  • Avista (AVA) - From .33 to .343 (+4%)
March Dividend Income
  • Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $45.75
  • Unilever (UL) - $18.18
  • Exxon (XOM) - $49.64
  • Compass Minerals (CMP) - $12.51
  • Realty Income (O) - $19.85
  • McDonalds (MCD) - $31.15
  • Avista (AVA) - $19.87
  • Flowers Foods (FLO) - $17.26
  • Pepsi (PEP) - $30.21
  • Travelers (TRV) - $7.32
  • Powershares Muni Bond ETF (PZA) - $5.48
  • Universal Health Trust (UHT) - $32.25
Total Dividends March 2016: - $289.49

12 comments:

  1. Nice work Captain! Congrats on perhaps never being under $300 again!

    ADD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really impressive growth! Love the graph of just steadily marching upwards to more and more income. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good Captain! Almost $300 and a solid 15% increase from last year. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep it up Captain. You're doing awesome bud. Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Captain. Good to see your monthly dividend income close to $300. Nice work sir.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a great read when highlighting dividend income. Great total from many names I own and like too. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job Captain. I'm sure you'll break 300 in June

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Captain, very nice amount of income for March, I love the graph; that's a sold upwards trend. Good luck for the rest of the year.

    Tristan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the same thing with Chevron. I bought at $90 and sold a couple days later at $91. It quickly shot up to $96 after that. F@*!

    No worries, I sold it for a couple dollars profit and like the great WB says, as long as you're not losing money, you're good.

    Glad to see this may be your last month sub $300. Keep it up and by that I mean keep being awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chart looks so beautiful! It only goes up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A 15% improvement is great. You have a lot of solid payers there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice dividend income for the month, and 15% year over year increase is awesome. I own some of the same companies as you, such as JNJ, UL, XOM, O, MCD, and PEP. I checked out your portfolio and you own some great companies; I'm looking to initiate positions in some of the companies you own once they are at better prices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete