Sunday, September 13, 2015

Recent Buy - Johnson & Johnson

Earlier this week I purchased shares of Johnson & Johnson. I was having a tough time choosing between a few stocks on my watch list including PG, IBM, PEP and UL but ultimately went with JNJ. This monster of a company will continue to grow earnings along with it's dividend for years to come.

I purchased 11 shares of JNJ at $93.65

Johnson & Johnson, together with its subsidiaries, researches and develops, manufactures, and sells various products in the health care field worldwide. It operates in three segments: Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices.



JNJ Stock Chart
JNJ Basic Statistics
  • Ticker Symbol: JNJ
  • Sector: Healthcare
  • Yield: 3.24%
  • Payout Ratio: 52%
  • Dividend Growth: 1yr - 7.14%  5yr - 6.79%
  • PE Ratio: 16.3
  • Market cap:$257 Billion
  • Morningstar Fair Value: $99
  • Value Line Target Price: $110
  • Website: http://www.jnj.com

JNJ Dividend Growth


7 comments:

  1. CD,

    Nice job! I recently bought more shares into JNJ myself, and love them, for sure. One of the foundation stocks and Bert wrote about them being a stock you can always buy when the time is right. Congrats!

    -Lanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done, CD. Cant go wrong with buying JNJ in the low 90s price range.

    Best
    R2R

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to like about JNJ. Below $100 I know it will be getting a lot more attention. Though these days it seems like many stocks are getting attention that just over a month ago seemed overvalued. Companies like CAT, EMR and others fit the bill. Great long term hold and nice yield at over 3%.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PG is also a great opportunities these days. But what's not to like about JNJ?

    Cheers,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! Purchase Facebook Likes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I was surfing on the internet & found this article I read it & it is really amazing articles on the internet on this topic thanks for sharing such an amazing article.

    D Piano Chord

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice information.. Hi dear, This is an nice and valuable post thanks for this information! Visit web development company at

    Assignment writing Services


    ReplyDelete