Monday, September 30, 2013

Recent Buy - WGL Holdings (WGL)

Today I added to my position in WGL Holdings (WGL). I purchased 26 shares at $42.50 which brings my total position to 66 shares. WGL has a dividend yield of 3.90% and has raised it's dividend for 37 years straight making WGL a dividend champion.

WGL Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. The company operates in four segments: Regulated Utility, Retail Energy-Marketing, Commercial Energy Systems, and Wholesale Energy Solutions.

Going in to this purchase I was specifically looking for a stock that has a dividend payout in the month of  November (Feb,May,Aug,Nov). Which narrowed down my screening results considerably. On top of that some of the large cap stocks for that month like PG and CLX just look expensive in comparison. I like the fact that the dividend growth has been growing faster lately than it has historically. The last dividend increase was a 5% hike which isn't super but it's a good sign of things to come. With a 3.9% yield and 5% dividend growth WGL is under the chowder rule, however the chowder rule is only one of the criteria I consider when screening stocks. Honestly these days as the markets continue to rise it's very difficult to find any stocks that meet all of my screening criteria. WGL was close so it was my pick for this weeks purchase.


WGL Stock Chart


WGL Holdings Basic Statistics

  • Ticker Symbol: WGL
  • PE Ratio: 15.80
  • Yield: 3.9%
  • Dividend Growth 10yr:  2.3%
  • Payout Ratio: 60%
  • Market cap: $2.21 B
  • Website: http://www.wglholdings.com

WGL Holdings Dividend History

1 comment:

  1. It is a graseful and useful blog about financial market. I like it very surely. If you want more informastion about stock screener to visit stock screener stock Screeners are designed to allow you to quickly sort through or "screen out" only the stocks that have specific characteristic you are searching for. Many stock screeners allow you to search for stocks based on PE ratios, volume, market cap and other fundamental determinants.

    ReplyDelete